Thursday, October 29, 2009

Equilibrium Introduction

Have you moodled yet? If not please sign up. In the mean time - check out the llbm intro link below.

http://www.wwnorton.com/college/chemistry/gilbert/tutorials/interface.asp?chapter=chapter_15&folder=equilibrium

From today (pp426-438) you should be able to:
-identify the attributes of dynamic llbm
     rateforward = ratereversed; concprod not necessarily equal to concreact; closed system (no matter in or out)
-write an llbm law expression given a balanced llbm equation
-determine % reaction (p432)
-build & interpret ICE charts [they're cool]
Hmwrk: page 437 (6,7) and page 438-439 (1,3,5,7,8)

Okay I am off to try and load a few things to moodle. Who knows I may be back here yet. I did intend return. It is about 1hour later. I came back to let you know that I successfully moodled. Have you moodled yet?

Appropriately: Chemist's last words • And now the tasting test... • And now shake it a bit... • In which glass was my mineral water? • Why does that stuff burn with a green flame?!? • And now the detonating gas problem. • This is a completely safe experimental setup.